5.01.2012

my golden birthday: the party

Obviously my golden birthday called for an amazing celebration. Gold themed. And since I love to throw a party (even if it means shamelessly throwing one for myself) I was up for the challenge. We decided to host a couple's formal dinner party. We kept the numbers small and had our closest friends and family come and spend the evening (and most spent late into the night as well). Let me first say that it was a BLAST! We had so much fun talking, eating, playing games and joking around. I am so happy with how it turned out because I personally had a great time and I think it was such a fun way to celebrate my birthday.  Let me next say: the day was not without it's stressors and mishaps. We originally planned to have the party outside on the patio and we were at an hour til the party and found ourselves frantically setting things up outside in wind storm! It was so so windy that everything was falling over and it would be miserable to eat out there. People were arriving while Paul and I were still mad-dashing around the yard trying to capture fallen cups and tissue paper pom poms. So, we made last second decision to move the party inside. Everyone pitched in and moved all the tables and decorations into the family room and luckily it all fit! Everyone was so nice to just help and get it done. It turned out super cute still, although the perfectionist in me just has to insert that in all the hub-bub and rearranging i didn't get to put up every single decoration or set the table in the exact way i had so meticulously planned (or like all my Pinterest posts showed it should be). But, I'm the only one (and now all of you reading this) that actually knows that. So after I calmed down and let myself realize that maybe a few things would not get done, I was able to have a great time. My only other sadness is that i didn't take nearly enough pictures... too busy having fun.

So basically everyone got there and we finished our last minute preps and then we all sat down. A bunch of the boys helped serve the 4 course meal and everything was really yummy. Whitney made me my amazing and delicious birthday cake and we ate that and then we moved all the tables and all sat in the family room and played games and talked into all hours of the night. I love all our friends so much and I love how crazy and funny everyone is. The party was a success not because of anything I did but because of the people we got to share it with. Love them, after all... "friendship is GOLDEN!"



No comments:

Post a Comment